AUDITION NOTICE for A Christmas Carol
By Charles Dickens
Adapted for the stage by Brenden and Wynter Elwood
Directed by Tony Leininger
Open call – all roles available except for Scrooge. This is an all-volunteer theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA. All ethnicities, genders, ages and skill levels are welcome to audition!
NOTE: Auditions are being held at a different location than the theatre. See audition location information below.
Auditions are being held at the Sallal Grange and Community Hall, 12912 432nd Ave SE, North Bend, WA 98045 (http://sallalgrange.org/).
- Saturday, September 21 from 12 to 4 p.m. (Group Youth Audition, 12 pm – 1 pm)
- Sunday, September 22 from 7:15 to 9:15 pm
- Saturday, September 28 from 1 – 5 pm (Group Youth Audition, 1 pm – 2 pm)
- Callback Auditions will be held on Sunday, September 29 from 7:15 – 9:15 pm
- Group Youth Auditions:
Youths (ages 5 to 15) will be seen as a group. There will be two group auditions for children:
* Saturday, September 21, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
* Saturday, September 28, from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.
Appointments: No appointment is necessary for the group youth auditions.
Attending auditions: Youths should plan to attend one or the other, not both, of these auditions. Parents / caregivers should plan to attend.
What to prepare: Please arrive prepared to move and to play a few games and to learn and repeat a few simple lines from the play.
- Adults (age 16+):
Appointments: Appointments are required for adults (16+).
To schedule an audition: Please email auditionsACC@valleycenterstage.org to request an audition on one of the above audition dates and specify a general timeframe when you are available. You will receive a confirmation email with your specific audition time.
What to prepare: Please prepare a single monologue, under 2 minutes in length, or two contrasting pieces less than one minute each.
Headshot/resume: You may email a headshot and resume or bring these along to the auditions.
Sides: No sides available before the audition.
For questions, email: auditionsACC@valleycenterstage.org
ABOUT THE PLAY:
A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens, adapted for the stage by Brenden and Wynter Elwood, directed by Tony Leininger.
A Christmas Carol, is returning for its twelfth run, presenting The Elwood’s adaptation for the third year. A Christmas Carol is a heartwarming and timeless story of joyful redemption. Ebenezer Scrooge, who we meet at the height of his wealth and success, has turned into a bitter, lonely, old miser. His only companion, apart from his tired and meek servant, Bob Cratchit, is his cold dark spirit; that is, until the spirit world, led by his former business partner, Marley, forces him to see who he was before his success, who he has since become and who he could be.
Tony Leininger (director) studied theatre at Hanover College and has worked professionally as an actor, director and theatre arts educator.
Open call – all roles available except for Scrooge. All ethnicities, genders, ages and skill levels are welcome to audition!
- Scrooge: Role has been cast.
- Bob Cratchit (25-40): Scrooge’s loyal, though misused, employee. (No doubling.)
- Ensemble: At least 20 additional actors are needed, including kids and adults, ages 7 and up. Most actors will each play a variety of roles. Some key roles include the following:
- Tiny Tim (5-9): Bob’s youngest child
- Mrs. Cratchit (25-40): Bob’s wife
- The Spirits of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come (various ages)
- Fred (20-30): Scrooge’s nephew
- Fezziwig (20-30): A figure from Scrooge’s past
- Peter Cratchit (mid-teens): Bob’s son
- Ignorance & Want: (preteens)
- Martha Cratchit (mid-teens): Bob’s daughter
- Fan (pre-teen): Scrooge’s little sister
- Teen Scrooge (mid-teens)
- Young Adult Scrooge (20-30)
- Belle (20-30): betrothed to young Scrooge
- Old Joe (30+): A businessman
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
Rehearsals begin Sunday, October 6th with the first read-through.
Rehearsals will be held in the evenings and on weekends. Rehearsals will take place at VCS or in another North Bend location as needed.
14 performances, November 29th through December 21st, 2019
- Fri, Nov 29, 7:30 pm
- Sat, Nov 30, 7:30 pm
- Sun, Dec 1, 2:00 pm
- Thur, Dec 5, 7:30 pm
- Fri, Dec 6, 7:30 pm
- Sat, Dec 7, 7:30 pm
- Sun, Dec 8, 2:00 pm
- Thur, Dec 12, 7:30 pm
- Fri, Dec 13, 7:30 pm
- Sat, Dec 14, 7:30 pm
- Sun, Dec 15, 2:00 pm
- Thur, Dec 19, 7:30 pm
- Fri, Dec 20, 7:30 pm
- Sat, Dec 21, 7:30 pm