AUDITION NOTICE for Of Mice and Men
By John Steinbeck
Directed by Alan Wilkie
Open call – all roles available except Lenny (see below). This is an all-volunteer theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
- Sunday, September 1st, 1 pm (finish by 4 pm)
- Monday, September 2nd, 7 pm (finish by 9 pm)
- Appointments: No appointment is necessary.
- Attending auditions: If you are interested in auditioning, but cannot attend during the dates and times listed, please contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will work to make other arrangements to see your audition.
- What to prepare: Two minute dramatic monologue followed by cold reads from the script in small scenes.
- Sides: No sides available before the audition.
- Headshot/resume:/conflicts Please either bring or email a head shot, resume and a list of conflicts to the audition.
For questions, email: auditionsACC@valleycenterstage.org
ABOUT THE PLAY:
Of Mice ad Men, by John Steinbeck, directed by Alan Wilkie.
Based on the classic novella written by John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men tells the tale of two great friends and their struggle to live the American dream. George and Lennie have been traveling together from ranch to ranch for years, working hard to make ends meet and save enough for a place of their own. The two are polar opposites: George is intelligent, quick and small, while Lennie is slow-minded, childlike, and giant. Though they are different, they care deeply about each other. They have been dreaming for years to save enough for a little land of their own, and when they are both hired to a new job they believe that they may finally achieve their goal. But trouble begins to brew when one of the bosses’ wife becomes too interested in the infatuated Lennie…Tragic yet beautiful, Of Mice and Men is an extremely popular play that has become a staple of American theatre.
Open call – all roles available except Lenny.
- George: A short male in his 30’s to 50’s, white
- Lenny: A large man, slow witted (this role has been cast)
- Candy: Stoop shouldered older man, white
- The Boss: Middle aged male, white
- Curley: 20’s male, cocky, white
- Curley’s Wife: 20’s female, pretty, white
- Slim: Male, Late 20’s early 30’s, white
- Carlson: Male, Heavy set, Late 20’s early 30’s, white
- Whit: Male, white
- Crooks: Male, Person of color
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for a not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
Rehearsals will start Monday, September 9th at 7 pm.
Rehearsals will be Mon – Thu 7-10, weekends if needed.
9 performances, October 11th through October 26th , 2019
- Fri, Oct 11, 7:30 pm
- Sat, Oct 12, 7:30 pm
- Thu, Oct 17, 7:30 pm
Fri, Oct 18, 7:30 pm
Sat, Oct 19, 7:30 pm
Sun, Oct 20, 2:00 pm
- Thu, Oct 24, 7:30 pm
- Fri, Oct 25, 7:30 pm
- Sat, Oct 26, 7:30 pm