AUDITION NOTICE for A Christmas Carol.
Adapted and directed by Brenden and Wynter Elwood.
This is a theatre stage production: non-union, non-paying for not-for-profit theater in North Bend, WA.
- Open auditions are being held at The Sallal Grange, 12912 432nd Ave SE, North Bend, WA 98045.
- Callbacks are held at Valley Center Stage, 119 North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045 — located in the Masonic Building (above the bike shop).
Audition dates & times: Open auditions, no appointments, at The Sallal Grange
- Sat, Sep 15th, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Sun, Sep 16th, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Sat, Sep 29th, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Callback Dates: IF needed
- Sun, Sep 30th, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM at VCS
What to Prepare:
- A head shot and resume is desired but not required.
- Those auditioning will be asked to present a monologue or read from the script.
For questions, email email@example.com.
If you haven’t done so already, please:
- Bookmark this page so that you can also visit us again for our next auditions.
- Sign up for our newsletter in order to receive announcements about future auditions.
You will also be able to find audition notices and events posted on our Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you on the boards!
ABOUT THE PLAY:
This classic story follows Ebenezer Scrooge as he faces the reality of his evolution in the days leading up to Christmas and his possible death. This adaptation attempts to stick as close to Charles Dickens’ original story as possible, including dialogue and era, but with a few creative interpretations. Set in Boston, MA in the 1840s, we find Scrooge at the height of his wealth and success, years of miserliness has turned him into a bitter lonely old man with one thought on his mind – money and the wastefulness of Christmas. The only companion Scrooge has, apart from his tired meek servant, Bob Cratchit, is his cold dark spirit. That is, however, until the spirit world makes him take note and forces him reconcile who is and where he is destined to go…
- All levels of experience welcomed.
- Range of adults, teens, and younger kids. There may be double casting opportunities.
- While this is not a musical production, we have caroling scenes – so if you have a voice, please audition!
- Scrooge: Already cast
- Jacob Marley
- Ghost of Christmas Past
- Ghost of Christmas Present
- Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
- Ghost of Christmas Future
- Want & Ignorance
- Undertaker + helpers
- Scrooge’s Nephew Fred and family:
- Wife Mary
- Ms. Rosie – Mary’s sister
- Mr. Topper
- Money requesters / Solicitors – 2 portly gentlemen
- Bob Cratchit and family:
- Mrs. Cratchit
- Martha Cratchit
- Tiny Tim
- Peter Cratchit
- Belinda Cratchit
- Elizabeth Cratchit
- Margaret Cratchit
- Ebenezer Scrooge:
- Young Adult
- Fan – Ebenezer’s sister
- Mr. & Mrs.
- Dick Wilkens – young Ebenezer’s coworker
- Mrs. Dilber
- Old Joe
- Turkey fetcher
- 3 Business men
Location: Valley Center Stage, 119 North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045 — located in the Masonic Building (above the bike shop).
- Oct 7th: We will hand out scripts and do a read-through, overview schedule.
- Oct 8th: Scene rehearsals will begin. We plan to hold rehearsals on weekends and weeknights pending cast availability and will organize by scene and optimize for double casting. We will try to keep rehearsals for kids to weekends.
- We will NOT have rehearsal from Tuesday, November 21st – Sunday, November 25th for Thanksgiving.
- Tech Week will begin on Nov 17-18th costume/lighting, then resume Nov 26th – Nov 29th. Attendance is mandatory.
November 30th – December 16th, 2018 (11 performances)
- Weekend 1:
- Fri, Nov 30th, 7:30 PM (Opening Night)
- Sat, Dec 1st, 7:30 PM
- Sun, Dec 2nd, 2:00 PM (matinee)
- Weekend 2:
- Thu, Dec 6th, 7:30 PM
- Fri, Dec 7th, 7:30 PM
- Sat, Dec 8th, 7:30 PM
- Sun, Dec 9th, 2:00 PM (matinee)
- Weekend 3:
- Thu, Dec 13th, 7:30 PM
- Fri, Dec 14th, 7:30 PM
- Sat, Dec 15th, 7:30 PM
- Sun, Dec 16th, 2:00 PM (matinee)